Mocktails are mock cocktails, or those that do not contain any alcohol. Any drink recipe can be modified by simply leaving the alcohol out, however, these recipes are some of the more common mocktails. These non alcoholic drinks are great for serving the entire family and a nice alternative for party guests who prefer not to drink alcohol.
Helpful Tips for making Healthy Mocktails
1) Prepare the mocktail using real fresh fruit or real fruit juice with no added sugar.
2) Limit fruit juices to no more than four fluid ounces due to sugar content.
3) The healthiest fruits are those higher in antioxidants: all berries, grapes, melons, dark orange or red fruits (apricots, peaches, mango, papaya) and all citrus fruits.
4) Use additional fresh herbs, citrus zest and spices for added concentrated antioxidants and flavour punch; mint, basil, lemon, orange, lime, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and cardamom to name a few.
5) Use calorie free mixers such as sparking water or diet tonic water for added volume.
Mocktails for Halloween
If you want to get into the 'spirit' of halloween why not try some carefully designed halloween mocktails?